Kung Fu Panda 2 is a 2011 3D American computer-animated action comedy-drama martial arts film, directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson, produced by DreamWorks Animation, and
distributed by Paramount Pictures. It is the sequel to the 2008 film Kung Fu Panda and the second installment in the Kung Fu Panda franchise. In the film, Po and his friends battle to stop a would-be conqueror Lord Shen with his powerful new weapon, with the giant panda discovering a
disquieting link to his past in the process. The cast of the original film reprised their voice roles while the new villain, Lord Shen is voiced by Gary Oldman.
The film was released on May 26, 2011 in Real D 3D and Digital 3D. Kung Fu Panda 2 received positive reviews, with critics praising its animation, voice acting, action scenes and character development. It was also a commercial success surpassing the original film and, like the original film, was the highest grossing animated feature film of the year. The film was nominated for the 2011 Academy Award for Best Animated Feature at the 84th Academy Awards.
A sequel, titled Kung Fu Panda 3, and directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson, is scheduled to be released on January 29, 2016.
Lucy Liu the voice actor of Viper, also played Alex Munday from Charlie's Angels and Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, Gina from Code Name: The Cleaner, Silvermist from Tinker Bell trilogy, and Mei from Disney's Mulan II,
Appearances in EDP Projects Edit
- AniMat's Reviews - Kung Fu Panda 2
- Top 10 Best Animated Sequels
- Top 5 Best & Worst Animated Films of 2011
- Top 5 Best & Worst Animated Films of 2012
- AniMat's Reviews - How to Train Your Dragon 2
- Top 10 WORST Animated Sequels before he gets to #1, he has an Honorable mention, which is an Updated Edition of the Top 10 Best Animated Sequels and this film manages to make the #2 spot (tied with How to Train Your Dragon 2).