Toy Story 3 is a 2010 American 3D computer-animated comedy film, and the third film in the Toy Story series. It was produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. Directed by Lee Unkrich, the screenplay was written by Michael Arndt, while Unkrich wrote the story along with John Lasseter and Andrew Stanton, respectively director and co-writer of the first two films. The film was released worldwide from June through October in the Disney Digital 3-D, RealD, and IMAX 3D formats. Toy Story 3 was the first film to be released theatrically with Dolby Surround 7.1 sound.
The plot focuses on the toys Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and their friends dealing with an uncertain future as their owner, Andy, prepares to leave for college. Actors Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Joan Cusack and John Morris, along with few others reprised their voice-over roles from the previous films.
The film received widespread critical acclaim earning a 99% 'certified fresh' rating at Rotten Tomatoes and a score of 92 at Metacritic. The feature brokeShrek the Third's record as the biggest opening day North American gross for an animated film unadjusted for inflation, and had a big opening weekend with an unadjusted gross of $110,307,189. It is also the highest-grossing opening weekend for a Pixar film, and was previously the highest-grossing opening weekend for a film to have opened in the month of June (surpassed by Man of Steel). This is the highest-grossing film of 2010, both in the United States and Canada, and worldwide. In early August, it became Pixar's highest-grossing film at the North American and worldwide box offices (surpassing Finding Nemo), and the highest-grossing animated film of all time worldwide (surpassing Shrek 2) until it was surpassed by Frozen in March 2014. Toy Story 3 became the first animated film in history to make over $1 billion worldwide. It is currently the 12th-highest-grossing film of all time.
Toy Story 3 was nominated for five Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Sound Editing. It was the third animated film (after Beauty and the Beast and Up) to be nominated for Academy Award for Best Picture. It won the awards for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song.
Appearences in EDP ProjectsEdit
- AniMat's Reviews - Toy Story 3
- Top 10 Best Animated Sequels he awards Toy Story 3 the #1 spot on the list, and all while he talks about it, footage from the film is shown.
- Animation Lookback: Pixar Animation Studios footage from it is shown throughout the episode. Most namingly, when he talks about it in part 4. In part 6, he awards Toy Story 3 the #1 spot on his Top 10 best Pixar list.
- Top 10 OTHER Disney Villains the main villain of the movie, Lots-'o-Huggin' Bear (Lotso for short), was awarded the #9 spot on the list.
- AniMat's Classic Reviews - My Neighbor, Totoro
- Animation Lookback: Studio Ghibli in part 1, specifically when he talks about My Neighbor, Totoro, the film is mentioned as one of many works of American animation that featured a cameo of Totoro in one of it's episodes. Then footage from the film featuring Totoro's cameo is shown.